Opendorse recommends all users update their Instagram Accounts from Personal to Professional. It is free and offers added benefits within Instagram and Opendorse.
Why should I switch to a Professional (Creator or Business) Instagram Account?
Switching to a Professional Instagram Account has several benefits including:
- Track engagement breakdown, reach, impressions on your channel posts
- Allow your content senders to learn what media performs best for your channel and optimize the media they share with you to be more engaging.
- Increase your chance of becoming a verified account
- Instagram Insights
- Add contact information
- Instagram Ads
- Additionally, should Instagram ever open up its API to automatic publishing to third parties, it will be for Professional Accounts only
Step 1: Switch to a Creator Account in Instagram
(Opendorse recommended for Users)
Before switching to Professional Instagram Account, please make sure you create and/or have Admin access to a Facebook Page which is required to complete the Instagram account conversion from personal to professional.
- Open your Instagram App
- Tap the hamburger menu (≡) in the upper right corner
- Tap ⚙ Settings
- Tap Account
- Tap Switch to Professional Account
- Tap Creator
- Review the features and tap Next
- Select a category that best describes you (example: Athlete, Public Figure, etc.) and choose if you would like to display it on your profile or not. Then tap Done
- Tap Edit Profile
- Tap Connect or Create next to Page under Profile Information
- Tap Connect Existing Page if you already have a Facebook Page or tap Create Facebook Page if you still need to create one
- Select (or create) the Facebook Page you would like to connect
- Tap Done in the upper right corner
You also have the option to display or hide your category label on your profile. After setting up, go to your profile and tap Edit Profile. Go to Profile Display under Public Business Information to choose whether you want to hide or display your category label. Then, tap Done.
Step 2: Connect your Instagram Creator Account to Opendorse
- Log in to Opendorse at app.opendorse.com on your device browser
- Select your profile photo in the top navigation
- Select ‘Account’ in the dropdown
- Select ‘Connect’ next to the Facebook icon
- Route to Facebook, Sign In, and Continue with authorization
- Select your Instagram page and other Facebook pages as desired
- Complete connection and route back to Opendorse
You’re all set! You can now publish to Instagram from Shared Collections of media or from Content Suggestions in your notification stream.