Opendorse recommends all users update their Instagram Accounts from Personal to Professional. It is free and offers added benefits within Instagram and Opendorse.
Why should I switch to a Professional (Creator or Business) Instagram Account?
Switching to a Professional Instagram Account has several benefits including:
- Track engagement breakdown, reach, impressions on your channel posts
- Increased chance of becoming a verified account
- Instagram Insights
- Add contact information
- Instagram Ads
- Additionally, should Instagram ever open up its API to automatic publishing to third parties, it will be for Professional Accounts only
Step 1: Switch to a Business Account in Instagram
(Opendorse recommended for Teams)
Before switching to Professional Instagram Account, please make sure you create and/or have Admin access to a Facebook Page which is required to complete the Instagram account conversion from personal to professional.
- Open your Instagram App
- Tap the hamburger menu (≡) in the upper right corner
- Tap ⚙ Settings
- Tap Account
- Tap Switch to Professional Account
- Tap Business
- Review the features and tap Continue
- Select your business category and tap Next
- Review/update your contact information and tap Next
- Connect your Facebook Page and tap Next
You also have the option to display or hide your business category and contact information on your profile. After setting up, go to your profile and tap Edit Profile. Go to Profile Display under Public Business Information to choose whether you want to hide or display your category label and contact info. Then, tap Done.
Step 2: Connect your Instagram Business Account to Opendorse
- Log in to Opendorse at app.opendorse.com on your device browser
- Select your profile photo in the top navigation
- Select ‘Account’ in the dropdown
- Select ‘Connect’ next to the Facebook icon
- Route to Facebook, Sign In, and Continue with authorization
- Select your Instagram page and other Facebook pages as desired
- Complete connection and route back to Opendorse
You’re all set! You can now publish to your own Instagram by clicking Compose and selecting your own channel.